The Gun Vault

A place to talk about stuff. Mostly borderlands.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is Borderlands Dead?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EntropyMu

Gun Stats
Gun Type:
Manufacturer:

PostSubject: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sat May 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Since the topic is somewhat taboo on the official forums, I figured I'd invite all you hardcore borderlands pros discuss it here.

I think the near zero communication out of GBX since the release of Knoxx is a really bad sign, not just for more DLC, but for any possible patching. It's a total change from them, and while I don't now what's being told to the moderators behind the scenes, even ennui is seemingly absent from the forums. I can't stand the whiny way some have been saying things on the official forums about this, since they come across as very entitled, but there is something to be said about the sudden shift in communication styles- the whiners have a point.

I get a strong suspicion that this is all we'll get out of Borderlands, and the (in my opinion broken) state of the game after Knoxx is the way its going to stay. Simply releasing a patch has little financial benefit to them, sales have already been very strong and they don't need to worry about word of mouth selling the game anymore.

For me, the way they've acted post knoxx is going to make me hesitant in purchasing any eventual Borderlands 2. The DLC largely had the feel of a money grab (IMO, the first two cost more than their value, and the third would have been good if not making the rest of the game obsolete), and whenever a game does that it makes me really cautious about sequels.

What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dacheat

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Combat Shotgun
Manufacturer: Hyperion

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sat May 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Strange... There was a "2K confirms there will be more DLC" thread in the new haven times, but it's gone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KooriiShiiemu

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sat May 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Probably removed during a cleanup. It was locked because it kept going off-topic and people were complaining about the scaling issue again among other things. I can't remember which moderator locked it, though I know it wasn't me. People seem to think it's me who locks every thread that discusses scaling. It's like they forget that there are even moderators. Anyway, threads that are locked often get removed during a routine cleanup. Not deleted, but moved to a section in the moderators part of the forums where all of the bad posts go. Where do you think all the ads go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ks-borderlands.blogspot.com/
Dacheat

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Combat Shotgun
Manufacturer: Hyperion

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sat May 01, 2010 11:05 pm

I figured you guys just deleted them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wylde_bil

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Machine Pistol
Manufacturer: S & S

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Dacheat wrote:
I figured you guys just deleted them.

ditto bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KooriiShiiemu

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sun May 02, 2010 10:55 am

Some get deleted. Usually just the ads. Though most of the stuff that is deleted is only soft-deleted. Though I think if you delete an entire thread it is gone for good. I've only done that with adbots though. But I mostly move stuff to preserve the evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ks-borderlands.blogspot.com/
wylde_bil

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Machine Pistol
Manufacturer: S & S

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   Sun May 02, 2010 11:16 pm

KooriiShiiemu wrote:
Some get deleted. Usually just the ads. Though most of the stuff that is deleted is only soft-deleted. Though I think if you delete an entire thread it is gone for good. I've only done that with adbots though. But I mostly move stuff to preserve the evidence.

koorii is a csi for GBX forums lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Borderlands Dead?   

Back to top Go down

Is Borderlands Dead?
Page 1 of 1