The Gun Vault
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gun Vault

A place to talk about stuff. Mostly borderlands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Pokemon

Go down 
+3
Irish
Dacheat
Ice Car
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice Car

Ice Car

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Bolt-Action Sniper
Manufacturer: Hyperion

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Discuss here.

Trades, Teams, w/e, Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Combat Shotgun

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Dude you need to get shoddy battle.
Back to top Go down
Irish

Gun Stats
Gun Type: SMG
Manufacturer: Maliwan

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:11 am

I really do need to figure out a balanced team from all the Steels I have. I'm just not that interested in competitive battle. I just like crushing fools in the game.

Maybe with gen5 I'll take the time to IV farm, EV train, breed, and all that other fun stuff. But until then, I'll just stick to my vastly over powered Steel team that no AI trainer can touch.

All I know is, gen5 better give me some more Steel-combo types. Including a Steel/Dragon and a Steel/Fire that aren't Ubers.
Back to top Go down
http://forge-union.com/
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Irish wrote:
I really do need to figure out a balanced team from all the Steels I have. I'm just not that interested in competitive battle. I just like crushing fools in the game.

Maybe with gen5 I'll take the time to IV farm, EV train, breed, and all that other fun stuff. But until then, I'll just stick to my vastly over powered Steel team that no AI trainer can touch.

All I know is, gen5 better give me some more Steel-combo types. Including a Steel/Dragon and a Steel/Fire that aren't Ubers.

Man it must have been a really looooong time since I've played Pokemon, because I have no idea what you just said. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ice Car

Ice Car

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Bolt-Action Sniper

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Irish wrote:

yes you do. i'll just take in my fire sweeper team and wipe you out. at least put earthquake on one of them. i'm kind of getting bored of pokemon in general though... I might get shoddy battle again soon.
Back to top Go down
Irish

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Oh, I definitely have a couple of Quakers. Only one Slider though. I need more Rock attacks.
Back to top Go down
KooriiShiiemu

KooriiShiiemu

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:45 am

I never really got into Pokemon. Well, other than watching the anime. I'll watch pretty much anything and everything.
Back to top Go down
http://ks-borderlands.blogspot.com/
Irish

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:22 pm

The Pokemon anime was awesome. And it's still running! I will eventually watch the entire thing.

I've been having these thoughts recently, about what I would do with a Pokemon game if I could. It would have to be a console game (meaning Wii). It would be a straight up RPG, with semi-FF style battles, but still just 1v1 or 2v2. You would be able to join factions and everything. It would completely parallel all of the stories so far, and you would be able to hear people in the towns talk about things like the two boys from Kanto tearing apart Gym leaders, and a gang taking over a huge corporation. It would have to be a massive game, spanning years of in game "time", so that the events of Kanto would take place, and then the events of Johto, and I don't even know how the Hoenn and Sinnoh story lines fall in the big scheme of things. But you would hear about the extreme weather in Hoenn, and, uh, whatever really happened in Sinnoh (I kind of just blew threw that game, I need to play it again). Even incorporate the story in Gen5. All the while you are in a 6th area of the Pokemon world, dealing with it's problems.

But you don't have to be good. You don't have to travel the path of the righteous. Your only objective is to become the Champion. You could very well be a complete ass like your rival from Johto. You are a loaner, but you can have an allegiance to a particular group. You could even join with the "bad" guys for part of the story if you wanted. All that matters is becoming Champion. And then, once you become Champ, the game doesn't just forget who you are. You are the Champ, but you get challenged. By some hardcore mothers. In fact, you get stomped. Right after you become the Champ. There is no way you can win this battle, no matter how much grinding you did. Because this trainer has a Legendary. And the only way your Pokemon will even attack it is if you have captured or defeated its counterpart.

This is where the world opens up. You now have to prove to yourself that you can conquer this mysterious bad ass. You travel to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and where ever Gen5 will be. And you take them all on. Your level is capped until you beat each area's Elite Four (but just the Gym Leaders in the Johto area, since they share the same Pokemon League). Obviously leveling, evolving, and learning moves would have to be on a whole new system. What once was 60 is now 20. What is now 100 can be considered 300.

And once you have reached roughly level 80, then you have the power and confidence to take on a Legendary of you own. And only after that can you regain your title.

Through the story, you will interact with the former Kanto/Johto Elite Four and Champion, who have been cast out by the unknown Pokemon Master and replaced with his own Elite Four. Also, the true nature of the world of Pokemon, the issue that has never really been addressed: How does order survive in a world where powerful monsters can be controlled by mere humans? Well, as Pokemon are the issue, they are also the answer. The Pokemon are strictly regulated as to who can own them legally, and which Pokemon can be owned by normal citizens. But undoubtedly, these would be the weaker species of the series. How can you become a true Pokemon master with such weak Pokemon? Well, you're kind of an outlaw. Your own power and reputation affect how the Law treats you. Take the righteous path, and the Law will welcome your presence, but the gangs will not. Take the more brutal approach, and prepare to be met with resistance from the cops, but support from the gangs. Shoot it right down the middle, and you better be tough enough to make them want to ignore you. Some may challenge you, some may respect you, some may be afraid to take you on. No matter which way you choose to play, you will not be limited to the weak breeds.

There will be others like you though, with tough Pokemon. Others trying to become the Champion. Some may be outlaws like yourself, while some are official representatives of certain powerful groups, and still others are ex-military.

So how would you hunt for these tough Pokemon? Why, the same way you always do. Sort of. There will be wild Pokemon everywhere. Only now, you can see them. Some will run away from you. Some will attack you. Most will simply ignore your presence until you get too close or attack them. You will always have your party leading Pokemon out with your, and if it is powerful enough it will be able to block wild Pokemon from initiating a battle, if you put it on a sort of guard mode. This is kind of like using a Repel, except you have it right from the beginning and it doesn't cost you money.

Now, you may be asking, what about the other Legendaries? Remember how I said that this parallels the other games? Those guys have been captured. So how do you get them? I guess you can't.

Or can you?

An ambitious concept, I know. Especially for the Wii. Maybe whatever comes next can pull it off. And maybe I'll be able to get this game made. Or maybe this will forever be a dream of the greatest Pokemon game ever.

Last edited by Irish on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more stuffs.)
Back to top Go down
Irish

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:39 am

Edited my last posted, expanded a little more. You know, so even less people would feel inclined to read it.
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 am

I read it a while ago, but I was on my phone at the time so i didn't reply. I think that this would be epic. The only part that I don't really like is the level cap.
Back to top Go down
Irish

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:55 pm

The floating level cap would need to be implemented to make the game challenging for each area.

I also have a lot of new information that I need to type up and post. Some really cool stuff a friend helped me brainstorm. Like new evolution processes.
Back to top Go down
Damandatwin

Damandatwin

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Irish wrote:
Edited my last posted, expanded a little more. You know, so even less people would feel inclined to read it.

I do not feel inclined to read your post.
Back to top Go down
wylde_bil

wylde_bil

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Machine Pistol
Manufacturer: S & S

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:15 pm

wow just wow irish you are a hardcore poke-maniac
Back to top Go down
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Damandatwin wrote:
Irish wrote:

I do not feel inclined to read your post.

Yeah. That post is epically long...
Back to top Go down
wylde_bil

wylde_bil

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:28 pm

i really do enjoy pokemon but it use to take up so much of my time i dont know if i should ever play again, when i worked at 7/11 when i was like 21 i would take it to work and play it their its to consuming for me special trying to find certain ones like the feebus that was like in only 4 squares in a 250 square river come on it took me 5 hours a day for 5 days to find one let alone find one with the attitude i want and a female
Back to top Go down
Damandatwin

Damandatwin

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:51 am

wylde_bil wrote:
i really do enjoy pokemon but it use to take up so much of my time i dont know if i should ever play again, when i worked at 7/11 when i was like 21 i would take it to work and play it their its to consuming for me special trying to find certain ones like the feebus that was like in only 4 squares in a 250 square river come on it took me 5 hours a day for 5 days to find one let alone find one with the attitude i want and a female

Couldn't you have just caught one and bred it with a ditto until you got the one you wanted? That probably would have been easier.
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:46 am

wylde_bil wrote:
I really only enjoy the competitive battling and strategy which is why I have an action replay. Very Happy

Don't hate me.
Back to top Go down
wylde_bil

wylde_bil

Gun Stats

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Damandatwin wrote:
wylde_bil wrote:

Couldn't you have just caught one and bred it with a ditto until you got the one you wanted? That probably would have been easier.

if i remember dittos affect attitude in negative way once you find the square you just fish till you get the one you want breeding is walking and longer

i would start my game then rent a game from blockbuster and restart til i got female versions of all the starters which was hard with emerald cause their was 2 set of starters so it took a while with out action replay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pokemon   General Pokemon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Pokemon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gun Vault :: Off-Topic :: Non-Borderlands Games-
Jump to: