The Gun Vault
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gun Vault

A place to talk about stuff. Mostly borderlands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first crack at making signatures

Go down 
+2
Dacheat
MiSeRy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats
Gun Type: SMG
Manufacturer: Hyperion

My first crack at making signatures Empty
PostSubject: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:21 am

So I downloaded a free trial of Photoshop Elements 8 to mess around with and see what happens. Well I made my first "sig" and don't think it's too bad considering I've never used any version of the sofware before. It's a FFXIII one. Here it is:

My first crack at making signatures FFXIIISig_edited-1

I tried blending Lightning (that's the name of the character) into the background some more to get rid of the "box" that's around her, but couldn't. When I take another crack at making one, I'll try to do better. Not bad for a first attempt though huh?

BTW, I'm just doing these for fun for myself. If I ever get really good at it I may consider making them for other people, but probably wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Combat Shotgun

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:35 am

if you use the magentic lasso to highlight lightning light. Copy/paste her onto a new document with a transparent back ground the white will go away. I'm sure there's an easier way to do that though lol.
Back to top Go down
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:52 am

Dacheat wrote:
if you use the magentic lasso to highlight lightning light. Copy/paste her onto a new document with a transparent back ground the white will go away. I'm sure there's an easier way to do that though lol.

Well usually all you'd have to do is when you paste the image on, is go to Image->Adjustments->Match Color, but on Elements 8 I have no such option as "Match Color" which kinda bummed me out a lil bit. I did use the lasso tool to get a featherd image of her (which is essentially a "ghost image") to blend her into the background, but the "box" stayed. All I want to do is get rid of that box. It bugs the hell outta me and makes what I think would be a triumphant 1st sig an alright 1st sig. I will try your method though dacheat, because it sounds crazy enough to work. Not tonight though. I worked on that basically all day and want to play some FFXIII now. Thanks though. Smile
Back to top Go down
lefort40

lefort40

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:11 am

You can use the quick selection tool, and MOST of the time it will properly select all of the white backround behind the character. Then click delete. Or like dacheat said, throw a magnetic lasso around the character, then just move it with the move tool into the sig.

Also, get photoshop cs4 its much better.
Back to top Go down
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Well I took both of your guys advice and decided to restart from scratch and make it all over again. Well I gotta say I'm proud of myself even more this time:

My first crack at making signatures LiteSig

Much better now IMO. And using the lasso tool like dacheat suggested worked like a charm. The quick selection tool didn't work, but I see what you are talking about lefort. CS4 may be better than Elements 8 but I'm not spending $500 or whatever it is for it. $80 for Elements 8 is right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
Bobtm

Bobtm

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Repeater
Manufacturer: Torgue

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Damn, thats hella good even if I'd thought you were using PS for a while even, nice job yo Cool
Back to top Go down
GR8T MILENKO

GR8T MILENKO

Gun Stats
Manufacturer: Maliwan

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:49 am

looks damn good bro. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Combat Shotgun

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:59 am

Welcome to the forums MILENKO!

And yes it does look damn good haha.
Back to top Go down
KooriiShiiemu

KooriiShiiemu

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:13 am

I wish my graphics tablet still worked. Was only starting to get used to it and then... dead. Need to buy a new graphics software package as well. My old copy of Photoshop Elements doesn't work with Vista. Can't update it either the few times I did manage to get it working.
Back to top Go down
http://ks-borderlands.blogspot.com/
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:15 am

Dacheat wrote:
Welcome to the forums MILENKO!

And yes it does look damn good haha.

Milenko is a buddy of mine from XBL so he's cool. (Just a FYI)

And dacheat it's thanks to you my friend. Your tip about using the lasso to cut Lightning out and moving her onto the sig worked real good man. <inserts thumbs up emote here>
Back to top Go down
Bobtm

Bobtm

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Repeater
Manufacturer: Torgue

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm

GR8T MILENKO wrote:

Doooood, I have a strange feeling I've chased tanks with you and junk......

Please note- Tanks are Cowards Cool
Back to top Go down
MiSeRy

MiSeRy

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Bobtm wrote:
GR8T MILENKO wrote:

Doooood, I have a strange feeling I've chased tanks with you and junk......

Please note- Tanks are Cowards Cool

Indeed you have Bob. OMFG HAPPY!
Back to top Go down
GR8T MILENKO

GR8T MILENKO

Gun Stats
Manufacturer: Maliwan

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:41 am

yea bob u have and yea tanks are cowards lmao jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first crack at making signatures   My first crack at making signatures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first crack at making signatures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gun Vault :: Off-Topic :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: