The Gun Vault
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gun Vault

A place to talk about stuff. Mostly borderlands.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BlazBlue discussion of epic win

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobtm

Bobtm

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Repeater
Manufacturer: Torgue

BlazBlue discussion of epic win Empty
PostSubject: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:31 pm

I only just now realized we don't already have one-a-deez here, so now we do Wink

Anywayz, if ya don't know BB is an epic 2D fighting game with 12 characters. It is well balanced overall, and is "anime-ish" in style.

If ya play it, feel free to list what characters you like.

Me
Main(s)- Jin, Noel, Hakumen

Secondary(s)- Ragna, Taokaka

Hate to play- Litchi, Carl, Bang

I was messing around the other day and I'm rusty as hell with Hakumen though Embarassed Still great with the other 2.

drunken

Here's the console version opening

Last edited by Bobtm on Thu May 06, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a vid)
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats
Gun Type: Combat Shotgun
Manufacturer: Hyperion

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:09 pm

I am the suck at this game! HALP!
Back to top Go down
Bobtm

Bobtm

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Imma ask a few questions to ya, get a little more general knowledge of you overall exp and playstyle.

Is this the first fighter you've played, if not, what others have you played?

What character(s) do you like so far?

What playstyle do you think you wanna go for?
1. Offensive
2. Defensive
We can elaborate further into em' based on which you decide.

How fast/reliably can you input commands for specials?

For instance, with Jin to do Fubuki
Numpad version
623 (A or C)

or SF derived shorthand
DPM (A or C)
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:31 am

I've played street Fighter and soul calibur. I've also played brawl but that's not a true fighting game. I've never been good at fighters since I hate memorizing combos (which is probably why I'm good at brawl but suck at SF and SC). I'm mainly a offensive player. In brawl I press them until they make a mistake. In SF... I get my ass kicked by ultra combos because I'm too lazy to learn how to do them. I like using ragna and Jin the most though I haven't tried every character extensively.
Back to top Go down
Bobtm

Bobtm

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Alright, in the end you can play any character however style you like, but for now I'd suggest you stick with Ragna over Jin. He's much better as a pressure character, his 6A is a fast launcher.... I think Question Haven't played him much in a while.

If you're playing with a standard 360 controller, try using the D-pad and not the Joystick for all movement, 2D fighters are better played on either D-pad or Arcade stick, not that ya can't be good with the normal joystick, they just translate better to the other styles. I prefer D-pad personally and have a specific controller just for 2D fighters (BB, SF ect.).

Imma play as Ragna s'more next time I play BB, so I know his moves's better overall flowing-ness... Also, as for the "not memorizing combos" thing, don't worry too much, its more about just knowing the separate moves and their inherent traights, then stringing em' together so they link quickly. Soul Calibur and Tekken are way more about straightforward combo memorization.

Basic BB Combo 101

Most characters work easily with A, B, C Ragna follows this, just hit the buttons for ABC in that order and you've got a bare bones for a basic combo, add a special move or in some cases a Drive attack and you have a full basic combo.

Examples of stuff for Ragna

A, B, C, 6D, D
Basically, you'll punch, kick, horizontal slash, dark energy uppercut once, then again in the air. Its short and to the point, and you can link it to any arial special moves when you can pull em' off fast.

Slightly tougher

A, B, C, 2C, D, 6C
.... Uh, I think this'll work, haven't used ol' spikey in a while. Same start as before, but after horizontal slash, you'll do a low one, then a quick 2-hitter, and follow up with a downward thrust/uppercut combo. If they block the downward thrust, you can quickly doubletap forward to "dash-cancel" the uppercut, then just throw the unsuspecting foe.
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

Dacheat

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:25 pm

A, B, C, 6D, D

^ Uhh... Wuzzat? albino

I actually have it for PSP by the way.
Back to top Go down
Bobtm

Bobtm

Gun Stats

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Sorry bout that, shoulda elaborated a bit better on that.

In BB they decided to name the attack buttons after simple letters A(weak attack), B(medium attack), C(strong attack) and lastly D(drive attack). Its a good system since its easy to understand for anyone after you've been told/seen once its hard to forget since it goes with the basic of logic by alphabetical order.

The numbers stand for the directions you press on the joystick/d-pad, if you have a numberpad on a standard keyboard its simple to figure out.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

It directly translates to the 8 directions the d-pad can be pressed, it is usually under the assumption that your character is on the left side of the screen facing to the right.

5 = neutral position and is rarely used to show anything since you'd just leave the command without a number

2 = down
8 = up

6 = forward, keep in mind that these number-codes are always under the assumption that your character is facing to the right

4 = back

7,9,1, and 3 are the diagonal directions.

These are used since its much easier than typing out up, forward and so on.

My friend has BB on PSP, Imma try it on there one of these weekends and see how well everything goes over. I don't recall there being any major balance changes between the console version and the portable one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue discussion of epic win   BlazBlue discussion of epic win I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BlazBlue discussion of epic win
Page 1 of 1